Today, I am thankful that these seven (slightly-extended) days are coming to a close. As much as I thought seven days ago that seven days of gratitude would be easy, in reality, it was harder than expected.
- I am thankful for my friends – you understand me and how I operate, and manage to help even when I insist I am ok.
- I am thankful for Diet Coke (yes, it’s back again).
- I am thankful I have a team of co-workers who stayed by my side packaging a large order and didn’t leave me alone, surrounded by bags, ribbon & decorated cookies.
- I am thankful for The Movement Project, and for remembering that I used to exercise and enjoy it.
- I am thankful for random acts of kindness such as the tweet sent out yesterday by Fancy Pants Bakery pointing out all the local products found at Volante Farms & including Bisousweet in their tweet.
- I am thankful I own a company & have the ability to make donations to amazing causes such as We Can.
- I am thankful for my mistakes – they show me how much I still have to learn and remind me, once again, that I am (sniff) not perfect.
Finally, I am thankful for anyone who happens to read this blog. Blogging is a pretty self-indulgent experience. My baking blog has taken a path away from owning a business, away from talking about cakes & cookies, and has morphed into something rather unexpected. I was speaking to a friend/colleague the other day about this, and she ever-so-gently made a suggestion that I found quite helpful.
‘You know, you could always write about baking.”
With that in mind, I am going to try to get back to my baking roots a bit in my blogging future. Please feel free to reach out & ask questions or make suggestions on topics, recipes, or techniques. Happy to help.