21 years ago in the middle of a blizzard, a tiny four pound, eleven ounce baby was born. His due date was in May, but this little person had different plans. I should have known right away that this was not going to be a typical parent/child relationship. He was always five steps ahead of me, forging his own path.
On this very special day, I would like to offer 21 blessings to my oldest child Jacob, and to everyone reading this post.
- May you always know how much you are loved
- May you always be safe.
- May you always remain inspired and ignite the same in those around you.
- May you be compassionate, kind, and generous.
- May your days be filled with gratitude.
- May you always keep an open mind and an open heart.
- May you always remember to be an observant listener
- May you always treat others with utter respect.
- May you always be willing to take risks, to push yourself, to be a leader.
- May you trust others enough and learn how to follow with enthusiasm and encouragement.
- May you remember to be humble.
- May you remember to be patient.
- May you always have a book tucked under your arm.
- May you remember to take time to relax.
- May you be the one who holds the door open for others.
- May you lose with grace.
- May you be willing to stand up for those who need help.
- May you remember your roots.
- May you understand that it’s just as important to show up for the big occasions as it is to reach out for no reason at all.
- May you remain insatiably inquisitive.
- May you live a long, meaningful, blessed life.
Love you so much –